Philosophical consulting brings the techniques and insights of philosophy to help individuals find their way through the challenges of human life. Philosophical consulting can provide clarity and guidance for:
- Navigating moral or ethical dilemmas
- Life transitions
- Grief and loss
- Self-cultivation and personal improvement
- Clarifying values and priorities
- And much more.
My approach involves:
- Deep and respectful listening
- Asking careful and precise questions, to clarify what is at stake
- Applying philosophical techniques to bring clarity and structure to your situation
- Educating about helpful philosophical arguments and ideas
- Suggesting practical techniques for reflection, analysis, and action.
I offer individual private consultations in person, and remotely by telephone or Skype. Each session normally lasts about one hour. Please contact me to schedule an initial consultation.
Questions? See my Philosophical Consulting FAQ for more information.
Rates are based on a sliding scale. Within the suggested range, please select what is appropriate for your personal circumstances, no questions asked. By paying at the higher end of the scale (if you can), you help to make this service available to less materially-fortunate members of our community. Thank you!
- In-person consultations: $40–65 per session.
- Telephone or Skype consultations: $55–80 per session.
For in-person consultations, payment may be made by cash or check at the time of service. For remote consultations, electronic payment is required prior to the consultation.
Out of respect for everyone’s time, I ask for 24 hours’ notice of cancellations.